Hospice Angelus Moldova Foundation is the main provider of specialized Palliative Care (PC) in the country and provides free of charge and high-quality medico-social services for patients with progressive, advanced incurable diseases with a limited life expectancy (12 months), including children with life threatening diseases.
Our vision is that all patients with advanced and incurable diseases must be treated with respect and dignity until the last moment, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, religion and social status.
Currently, the multidisciplinary teams of Hospice Angelus Moldova provide home care services to patients in the Chisinau municipality (35 km radius) and in the bed unit at the Pediatric Palliative Care Center “Casa Angelus” located in Isacova village, Orhei district. The services provided by our specialists are offered unconditionally to patients and their families, excluding discriminatory criteria related to material, social and living conditions.
Our main services:
- Home palliative care services for adults;
- Home palliative care services for children;
- Pediatric palliative care services in the bed unit (Pediatric Palliative Care Center “Casa Angelus”);
- Stomatotherapy services;
- Social assistance services.
About 2000 patients benefit from our services annually.
- Organization and development of the hospice services in the Republic of Moldova;
- Applying and promoting PC principles according to the recommendations of the World Health Organization;
- Training in PC of the medical system professionals;
- Promoting the charity principles in the society;
- Promoting the sense of civic and community responsibility.
Hospice Angelus Moldova Foundation is a member of the following national and international associations:
- 2001: Member of the National Association for Palliative Care
- 2001: Member of the European Association for Palliative Care in Eastern Europe
- 2003: Member of the Palliative Care Group in Eastern Europe